Happy New Year!



It’s been a ritual here on my blog, to write something just as the year is approaching its end. I like closures. As a corollary, I also, must then, like new beginnings.

And in our delusional notions of time, nothing gives us a feeling of newness, than the current year – ragged and panting – coming to a close.

It’s that time of the year, when I wouldn’t succeed, if I tried to stop myself from writing something. The thoughts spill out, wanting to be recorded, and I wonder why. Why is it that all through the year, I sit in front of this very laptop and struggle to string together words that make a sentence and a thought. And I eventually give up irritated, at the absolute hollowness that clouds my mind.

But come the last week of December, and it’s as if some secret hormone is being released, inside my head and my fingers clatter noisily on the keyboard, occasionally in tune. I am not so sure, if I am making any sense even now but, that’s what it is.

But I must be honest. It’s all an attempt to keep my blog alive. I promised myself that I would do that, when I started the blog. “A post a month, how hard could that be,” I thought to myself. Well, turns out it’s not that easy.

Ideally, a post of the end of the year is more personal than the others, perhaps because it’s laced with some determination; to make the next year better than this one. This sentiment, I guess would be a constant, every year, till one does not give up on life. After all, there is nothing that can not be bettered.

I think this thought is suitably uplifting, and I hope to write much more than i wrote this year. New years are for resolution, and if I stretch it a bit, even for revolutions.

Happy New Year...

Comments

Popular Posts